Phongpaseuth Kanlagna ພົງປະເສີດ ກັນລະຍາ[ແກ້ໄຂ]
- Born: September 14,1968 ,Nanterre,Paris,France
- Nationality: Lao
- Alma mater: Kharkiv Institute of Municipal Engineers,Ukraine, former USSR
- Occupation: CEO of BJC-Mpoint International, BJC-MPM (LAO), Mpoint Trading and Managing Director of KANLAGNA Architect and Construction
- Spouse: Dalyvanh Kanlagna ດາລີວັນ ກັນລະຍາ (m.1991)
- Children: Narinthone Kanlagna ນະຣິນທອນ ກັນລະຍາ(Jacky) and Naliny Kanlagna ນະລິນີ ກັນລະຍາ (Nini)
- Parent(s): Bounthanavong Kanlagna ບຸນທະນະວົງ ກັນລະຍາ (father) Died 1987 and Dara Viravong Kanlagna ດາຣາ ວິຣະວົງສ໌ ກັນລະຍາ (mother)
- Relatives: Thanongsinh Kanlagna ທະນົງສິນ ກັນລະຍາ (brother), Sounantha Kanlagna ສຸນັນທາ ກັນລະຍາ (sister) and Daravong Kanlagna ດາຣາວົງ ກັນລະຍາ (brother)
Phongpaseuth KANLANGA is a founder of M-Point Trading Sole Company Limited in 2006 and BJC-MPM Sole Company Limited in 2013. He has first started with 3 shops operated in Vientiane Capital, and now there are 18 shops in the center of Vientiane Capital. http://www.mpointmart.com
Phongpaseuth Kanlagna had been grown and spent his childhood life in France and England because he had to follow his father, a consular officer, who was appointed to post in France between 1968 and 1971, and moved to base in England during 1974 and 1976 (Kingsbury Green Primary School Old Kenton La, London NW9 9ND UK)
Then from 1976 until 1987 he had returned to Lao PDR and enrolled at Nahaideaw (ນາໄຮ່ດຽງ) Elementary School, which was completed in 1981. During 1981 and 1984, studying secondary school at Sisavath (ສີສະຫວາດ)secondary school and finishing high school level at Vientiane High School (ອຸດົມວຽງຈັນ) in 1987.
Master Degrees 1988-1993[ແກ້ໄຂ]
Afterward Phongpaseuth Kanlagna had obtained the scholarship from the Government to have a further study Master Degrees of Engineering with major in Architect in Ukraine, former USSR. After his graduation in 1993
he was returned his home country and had worked with Hydro Power Project THPC as Project Engineer between 1994 and 1997. During 4 years with Hydro Power Project, he had made a very outstanding achievement for the Project before he decided to run his own construction company named KANLAGNA ARCHITECT AND CONSTRUCTION in 1997. He has been a Managing Director of the Construction Company up to the present.
In 1998, Phongpaseuth Kanlagna has not stopped himself for only Construction Company; he has turned his vision to invest in an office-building rental business by constructing the 5-storey office building called SCC building in business center area. He has been a Manager Director of SCC building, which is opened for office space rental from 2001 to 2015
Mpoint 2006 - present[ແກ້ໄຂ]
Along with the construction design and the office rental building businesses, Phongpaseuth Kanlagna had initial idea to open a retailing shop for family member as an additional business. After two first stores were primarily opened in 2006, he had studied more information about convenience stores with his conclusion that he should establish various branches of the convenience stores through setting up his own format system.
With an excellent entrepreneurship of Phongpaseuth Kanlagna, he has fully turned himself to operate a retail business in 2007. He becomes the CEO of M-Point Trading Sole Company Limited and leads the creation of the M-Point brand with an innovative store concept.
Under his leadership, M-Point’s dramatically different retail shop becomes the first and well known retailing passage in Vientiane Capital (Lao PDR) for only in 8 years.
“We are a first retailer that is growing in Lao PDR. Our mission is to keep our growth through expanding by taking our M-Point branches into new area and to get the best retail opportunities by bringing variety types of products to serve the customers’ needs. The consumer is always at the centre of our thinking.”
History of M-Point Trading Company Limited[ແກ້ໄຂ]
M-point Trading Company Limited, operated in February 2006, is owner and operator of M- Point Mini Marts in Lao PDR. M-point mart has made its mark in the retailing scene and has been well known in Vientiane Capital (Lao PDR) for now over 8 years. We are the pioneer 18-hours (from 6:00 o’clock to 24:00 o’clock) convenience store operator, which there are many branches, in Lao PDR.
- In the first two years of the operation, M-point Trading Company Limited had only operated 3 branches of the stores with only in 6 years the Company has expanded 18 stores of the M- point Mini Marts around the big city of Vientiane Capital. The Company has set a target plan to grow and to expand more stores in every year.
- Each M-point Mart Store carries over 4000 items to serve customers including variety of drink types such as milk, juice, fruit drinks, energy drinks, beer up to wine and alcohol. In addition, there also are snakes, food condiments, dry food, freezing food stocked full of microwave meals, featuring fried rice, rice with a basil leaf stir fry and omelet, sausages, bacon-wrapped and others stuffed.
- M-point Store introduced instant coffee and other beverages together with packaged fresh food and bakery for the convenience of customers looking for ready-to-eat hot food. All food items sold in the stores are undergo stringent quality control to ensure tastefulness and freshness.
- In line with the growth of Lao economy, M-point stores are ready to provide facilities to meet the consumers’ demand in the town. We have a target to expand the stores in every district of Vientiane Capital and other economic provinces in Lao PDR in order to facilitate shoppers with shorten distance.
- The Company’s shop operation is a sales agent, we support Export – Import Companies, as well as Lao products; the support has created integrity of economic mechanisms. Besides the business of M-point is also a part of helping society such as increasing an employment opportunity for students, whom either studying or seeking job, and make them earn money to support their family; in the same time to develop their management skill in the real practice.
In 2014, there are 18 branches of M-point convenience stores in Vientiane Capital as bellows:
- Mpointmart Branch Day Open
- M001 HAISOK –1 : Apr 17, 2006
- M002 SAPHANTHONG KANG : Sep 26, 2006
- M003 DONGPALAN THONG : Jan 25, 2008
- M004 THATLUANG : Dec 27,2007
- M005 KHOUALUANG NEUA : Oct 14, 2009
- M006 KHAMHOUNG -1 : Oct 28, 2009
- M007 VATCHAN : Sep 29, 2009
- M008 XIENGHUEN : Nov 25, 2009
- M009 HATSADY –1 : Feb 03, 2011
- M010 THATLUANG TAI : Sep 10, 2011
- M011 SAPHANTONG TAI : Feb 10, 2011
- M012 THAPALANXAY : Dec 27, 2012
- M013 CHOMPHET NUEA : Dec 29, 2012
- M014 CHOMMANY : Dec 28, 2012
- M015 PHAKHAO –1 : Dec 28, 2012
- M016 HUAYHONG : Dec 28, 2013
- M017 WATTAYNOY THA : Feb 14, 2013
- M018 SAVANG : Dec 29, 2013
- M019 SIKHAI : Oct 23, 2015
- M020 DONKOI : Nov 06, 2015
- M021 DONNOON : Oct 25, 2015
- M022 HAISOK -2 : Oct 19, 2015
- M023 PHAKHAO –2 : May 12, 2016
- M024 KHAMHOUNG –2 : Dec 15, 2015
- M025 NONSAVANG –1 : Dec 19, 2015
- M026 HATSADY –2 : Dec 21, 2015
- M027 NONGDOUNG THONG : Jan 05, 2016
- M028 OUPMUNG -1 : Dec 25, 2015
- M029 SISAVATH : Dec 28, 2015
- M030 XANGKHOU : Dec 30, 2015
- M031 SAPHANGMERK : Jan 09, 2016
- M032 OUPMUNG -2 : Jan 02, 2016
- M033 NONSAVANG –2 : Feb 05, 2016
- M034 DONGNASOK : Feb 09, 2016
- M035 HONGKEA : Apr 23, 2016
- M037 PHONTHANE : Feb 13, 2016
- M038 SALAKHAM : Feb 18, 2016
- M039 KHAMHOUNG -3 : Feb 23, 2016
- M040 VIENGCHALEUAN : Feb 29, 2016
- M041 NAHAI : May 6, 2016
- M042 THONGPHANTHONG : May 17, 2016
- M043 SOMVANG TAI : May 23, 2016
- M044 SAVANG : May 29, 2016
- M045 SAYSAVANG : Apr 28, 2016
In the future the Company aims to expand more 50 branches to meet the customers’ needs, which is increasing day by day in everywhere.
“Will Be There ... Where We Meet! Mpointmart” "ຈະຢູ່ບ່ອນນີ້ ທີ່ເຮົາພົບກັນ ເອັມພອຍມາກ"